Wednesday 16 January 2013

ten things for 2013


I don’t do New Year’s resolutions, but of course there are things I would like to accomplish this new year of 2013, and other things I am particularly looking forward to. So without further ado I would like to present a selection of that, in no particular order.

1. I plan to sort out the hopeless wardrobe situation in our small flat, where I literally have clothes in every room except the kitchen. This neat organisation is very inspirational, and seems perfectly possible to accomplish, with some help.


2. I so wanna watch this movie as soon as possible, it opened here in Sweden on Friday and got raving reviews. I don’t really think movies are better in the cinema, but this one I wanna see on the big screen, sooner rather than later.


3. Shamefully I still haven’t read the first book Wildwood, but I shall, SOON, as I have now also got the equally beautiful sequel as seen above just waiting to be read.


4. I bought a perfect piece of fabric the other week, and I think it’s just enough to make a simple 1940’s summer dress. If only I could sew ... But I have some plans on how to make this happen anyway!


5. I definitely want to eat more Korean food, and plan to get a good cook book and some basic supplies and just get started! I love kimchi so much, and after having tasted Korean soy sauce I don’t want to have anything else with my tofu.


6. Very much looking forward to the release of Swedish Hasbeens new collection, even though I don’t buy that much because of the prices, I still love looking at them and dreaming of owning them.


7. This summer I would really like to rent a little cottage in the countryside, or preferably close to the sea, even if just for a short week. Sometime in the future the dream is to have our own place like this, but meanwhile renting would be just as nice just to get out of the city a bit more.


8. I have just watched the first 4 episodes of the absolutely AMAZING French tv series Les Revenants, and I can’t wait to see the rest of the first season, and just hope there will be many, many more to come in the future. This is one of the best things I have seen; beautiful and haunting and scary and heart breaking and interesting and disturbing and addictive and with a perfect soundtrack by Mogwai. Don’t miss it!


9. I have decided to attempt to make a tiny quilt, just to try it out, and because I had such lovely small pieces of different fabrics just lying around. Not at all sure how I am gonna do it, but will try it none the less, and won’t expect any miracles. If I just manage to pull it off at all I will be content, no matter how it looks!


10. I have also watched the first 8 episodes of The Walking Dead, season 3, and it is still awesome! It picks up again in February, and there are so many things going on I am kind of glad there’s a break now, it almost got too intense.

All in all I am pretty sure 2013 is gonna be a great year!

No comments: