Thursday 12 April 2012

Åsa Westlund’s beautiful clogs


Looking for some Swedish folklore inspiration for work today, I stumbled upon and was reminded of Åsa Westlund’s magnificent painted clogs. The latest designs seem to be from 2009, so I’m not sure if they are still available, but they sure still look amazing. I don’t know if it’s a classic thing all over the world, but when I was a kid I did not care one bit for Swedish folklore, but as I grow older I’m really starting to love it and feel very proud of my national folklore heritage. I think the mix of old traditional designs with a more modern twist often gives the best result, like Åsa Westlund’s clogs.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lovelovelove her clogs! I wantwantwant them (all)!

They used to have them at Tjallamalla, but are currently out of stock :(.
http://www.tjallamalla.com/collections/there-goes-the-neighbourhood

/Linda