Wednesday 16 February 2011

modernista pt. 2: female writers


Here's another bunch of excellently designed book covers from Swedish publisher Modernista. Apart from being the most stylish book publisher in Sweden, Modernista also publishes quite a lot of female writers, which must be applauded. I wish it didn't have to be applauded, I wish it would go without saying that in the so called "most gender equalised country in the world" all publishers would have as many female as male writers. But that's not the case, although I guess it could be a lot worse. Where I work we're far from perfect, but at least we're aware about it and always try to do better. Politics aside, just enjoy these nice book covers.



















I really love this last one, and I've been meaning to read the book too but still haven't gotten around to it. I like this font so much, and think it works brilliantly with these covers. With a different design this is the kind of font I could just as easily hate, but somehow they manage to make me feel the opposite. That's clever design in my eyes. And my eyes decide what goes up on this blog. In case anyone was wondering about that.

No comments: