Tuesday 22 February 2011

expanded dress collection


Here are some recent vintage dress finds of mine. A lovely paisley patterned green creation in polyester, probably from the 60's or early 70's, from Myrorna (Salvation Army) for 165 kronor. I love these little buttons!



As is the case with many dresses, it doesn't look much on the hanger, but fits me very nicely. Since I like wearing it with a black cardigan or sweater I decided to keep the pointy collars, because I like how it sort of ties the dress together. And adds to the vintage vibe, somehow.



The tag is intact and tells it's a Swedish dress by a company called Bröderna Magnusson Borås (The Brothers Magnusson). Borås is a city on the west coast in Sweden, and it used to be the textile industry head quarter up until the 70's, when most big clothing companies started to manufacture abroad instead. The tag also says "Kläder med kultur"/Clothes with culture. I can't find any information about this company, but I've found a couple of other dresses online, and they're priced well above this one.



Polkadots + cute collar + red and white + ruffles = sold! Found this cutie at Humana for 159 kronor, and I longed for long summer nights even more.



It's a bit long for a picknick dress maybe, and possibly not the ideal strawberry picking dress either, but it's just something about it that makes me smile and think of warm summer days. Haven't decided if I should shorten it or not, but if I do I'm gonna try and reincorporate the little ruffle at the bottom. I'm guessing it's from the early 70's, and of course polyester, in case anyone doubted that.



This one reminds me of a classic tennis dress, but obviously the skirt is too long for that. Not too long for me though. Also from Humana, at a cost of 159 kronor, and from the 60's. And in true mint condition, almost crisp still, from not being worn.



I love this detail of the lines, and the halftone-like upper part of the dress, being a printing nerd. Even though the fabric is quite thick, I still think this will be a good spring dress, but also suitable for the colder summer days we tend to get here. Worn with a little red cardigan or bolero. But properly layered I'll use it well before that.

No comments: