Thursday 9 December 2010

i’ve joined a cult


It's been quite a few years since I first started hearing about Swedish Hasbeens. Then I saw some in the store, and I liked the look just fine, but thought they were way too expensive. Seeing them on lots and lots of people over the years has made me grow fonder of them, but they've remained too expensive for my taste. Until now. Today I heard about this garage sale for only one day, and I thought I'd just pop in and see what all the fuss is about. I came out with these wedge braided cuties, and felt like I had joined a cult, but gotten in the back door since I only had to pay 400 kronor for these. Thank you very much.




On my way back from my cult session I walked past a very nice vintage store I forgot about, because I hardly ever walk that way. They have a nice selection of vintage knick knacks, mostly homeware stuff, and a few other things like jewellery and newly produced retro things as well. After looking around for a specific gift to a specific person, and not really finding it, I was walking out when I saw something. Sometimes I'm happy that I'm able to spot things in the corner of my eye, when it comes to spiders and cockroaches, not so much. Anyway, purchasing something nice gets even nicer when you get it in an old fashioned candy paper bag.



What I saw was considerably more beautiful than any insect (although I do appreciate the beauty in other insects than the ones mentioned above), and cost me 75 kronor out of my christmas gift money my husband gave me to be spent on pretty things for myself. Very good deal, and I've already got both perfectly matching earrings and a necklace.

By the way, I used to wear clogs all the time growing up, in the 70's in Sweden it's what you did. But the clogs back then were not as stylish as the hasbeens, and not as high heeled. You'd get braided ones like the ones I bought now, but I never had any like those. Until now. Okay, I'm gonna stop going on about the cult now. Now I only have to wait about 6 months until I can wear them.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love these! http://www.asawestlund.com/shoeindex.html

Jenny Kellerman Pillay said...

oh, they are amazing! thanks for sharing!