Friday 31 December 2010

happy new year


I've kept a pretty low profile the last week of the year, it was well needed, but it seems polite to check in and wish everyone a happy new year at least! I have a lot of ideas and plans for 2011, but will try and not get too hung up about them, and rather just do my very best to execute them. As with pretty much every year in my life, there have been ups and downs this year as well, some sad news, and some very exciting news. In the end maybe they cancel each other out? I've never been a big fan of New Year's Eve, it's always been too much pressure for me, even though I do recall a handful of rather fun ones. But since I met my husband, we've spent these eves on our own, which we will do this year too. We both like it best like that, with a bunch of movies, some nice but simple food, and a glass of sparkling wine at 12.

I also want to take this opportunity to commemorate my maternal grandmother, who passed away last New Year's Eve. Karin Axelina Nilsson, you will always be in my heart.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: