Wednesday 15 December 2010

fantastic flowers and birds


A few weeks ago I got two lovely belated birthday gifts from a dear friend that I hadn't seen for a while. This is one of the gifts, an adorable cup and saucer, here with a midmorning cup of coffee and some gingerbread bisquits, a must this time of year.




Just look at these little birdies sitting in a tree full of flowers! Too cute! Right now I'm having Five Roses Rooibos & Honey in it, which is my favorite evening tea, and some Riviera Chocolate Luvbites, that we just got in a care package from my mother-in-law in Durban. Delish!



We just came back from a small holiday down south in Sweden, and later I'll show some pretty pictures from an incredible place we visited. But for now I'm just gonna brag about this beautiful piece of art that my husband got for me: a Chinese wood carving. When I saw it I just knew I had to have it! It's not only beautiful, it smells wonderful too, don't know what wood it's made of though. Something nice smelling.
Cedar Maybe?



I love these phoenix birds. They make me think of getting a phoenix tattoo, that I've considered on many occasions before.




And how about these roses? Oh, how I just adore Chinese arts and crafts. Now comes the delicate question of finding the perfect place for it in our flat, where I can see it the most. Will have to get back on that.

Enjoy your own evening cup of tea!
And get yourselves ready for another giveaway coming up in a little bit!

No comments: