Monday 29 November 2010

tales of rust


Since this summer I've been a follower and admirer of Artemis Russells blog Tales of a junkaholic. Amongst other things she's a jewellery designer, and runs the line Rust with her husband. Today they launched a bunch of new pieces, and I almost started to cry when I saw this little carousel necklace. It's so perfect and precious and peculiar and pretty! To say I adore it wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel. I don't know what it is about carousels and me, I just love them, I always have. Apparently the horses even go around!




They call this necklace lace, but I would call it filigree. You say potato, I say potato. Nevermind, when it's this gorgeous. I do believe I tend to love their jewellery more because they make such amazing displays for them. They're like little stories. And I love reading.




I also love animals. And I don't have a locket. I think I should own a locket, with a sweetheart picture of my husband in it. Shouldn't I? This particular locket is vintage as well, excellent!




Being a calligrapher, this quill necklace is a given. There are also quill earrings, very beautiful as well, but I prefer the necklace. Oh, I wish I wish I wish I could get them all!

No comments: