Monday 23 August 2010

tiny pencil letter art


This is by far one of the most perfect pictures I've seen in a long time! This is miniature art at its very best, made by American carpenter Dalton Ghetti. Apparently he's been doing this incredible handiwork for 25 years, and this piece alone with the alphabet pens took about 2,5 years, and he doesn't use a magnifying glass! I'm so mighty impressed I'm at a loss for words. I wish I could buy these pens in a frame, and I would never stop looking at them, just being mesmerized by their incredible beauty. Unfortunately Mr Ghetti has of yet never sold anything, just given things away to friends. So I guess I have to become his friend then, if that's what it takes.

I really love art that looks deceivingly simple at first glance, but at a closer look reveals complete magic in the well crafted details. I love being surprised, and I very much love when someone thinks about me finding something like this, knows I'm gonna like it and sends me a link. That's why I married the someone who sent this to me. Read more about the genius carver here.

No comments: