Tuesday 31 August 2010

i crave an ipod


So my aim for a shopping free month isn't gonna work out since my iPod died this morning. Boooooooo! I NEED my iPod, I stress out completely if I can't hide inside my music when I'm out and about. Music is my shield against the world. I'm not a big fan of spending money on modern gadgets, but I do appreciate how cute the iPod nano's are nowadays, and since this is a gadget that I'll use all the time it's a good and necessary investment for sure. I knew better than to just order one straight away though, and asked my Apple maniac brother about when the new models are coming out, and was told tomorrow! Therefore I'm trying to stay patient, and usually shipping is quite quick, so I won't have to walk to work having to hear traffic and people for that many days. That would make me very unhappy, very unhappy indeed. I want to dance in the streets!

Well, okay, not quite, but at least sing really loud in my head to stay sane. We've all got our ways to get by. Morrissey put it like this: “Because the music that they constantly play, it says nothing to me about my life.” I couldn't agree more, and that's why I bring my own music. And when I've got my headphones on, it can be more difficult to catch my attention, but on the other hand you might catch me smiling just cos my ears are happy.

No comments: