Monday 12 July 2010

pimped dresses and buttons undone


I decided to make a tenee tiny puff sleeve for the cute cotton dress I got last week. And with the new slip underneath I felt quite pretty wearing it for the first time last Thursday. When it turned out to be one of the hottest days of the summer, the first of many actually, I almost regretted it though, especially the slip felt too hot. Luckily I had the day off, and could change into a somewhat cooler dress. But when it's as hot as it is now, there's no escaping, except in the supermarket's cooler room, while eating icecream.



The red dress definitely looks better with the white buttons, in my opinion. I also added a little black and white ribbon on the pockets, to make them stand out just a little bit more. I really like this dress too, it feels very casual while being pretty and special at the same time. The only flaw is that it gets so wrinkly, as you can see. And I really hate ironing!



When it comes to the black and white gingham dress I'm having a hard time deciding on which buttons to choose. The plain red ones, that I like cos they look modest in a way, make the dress look more everyday-like, which is good cos I've got a lot of dressy-dresses already. On the other hand the pink rose buttons are so incredibly cute, and make the dress look completely different, which is just as appealing. What to do, what to do? Maybe choose the pink ones for a month, and then change for the reds?


3 comments:

Saga said...

Lovely Jenny - you really got an eye for these things! I like both buttons too - hard choise...

Linda said...

I agree with Saga. The red buttons looks very nice on the dress - but the rose ones are sooo pretty!

Jenny Kellerman Pillay said...

Thanks girls, I think I'm gonna go with the rose ones, and then maybe I'll change for the red ones later.